#Life #Stories #Relationships
Imagine a place where someone could go. Someone who is hurting. Someone who is looking for answers. Someone who is looking for peace and hope. Someone who is looking for Jesus.
Imagine having somewhere they could go that is filled with Christians, people who really do know and love Jesus, who have opened up and shared their testimonies. People who are willing to be authentic. People who are willing to share their life and their stories.
We are building that place and it’s called AUTHENTIK.city. We need you and your story to make this place a reality. Join today and become part of a God-glorifying, Kingdom-growing movement of AUTHENTICITY.
First Month Free – Cancel Any Time
It’s the 21st Century, and we are more connected than we ever have been before.
But do we really know each other? And do we care?
Sure, social media allows us to share photos with family and keep up with long distance friends. Cool! But if we’re honest, it’s tempting to share only the best, pretty parts of our lives: the perfect dinner you’re eating, the fabulous trip you just took, or who you think would make the best POTUS.
But what if someone needs your whole life, not just your highlight reel? What if someone needs your whole story? What if you need theirs?
At AUTHENTIK.city, we believe in the power of stories. We believe in the power of your story.
We believe that our stories have the power to break down barriers of all kinds: stereotypes, racism, doubt, religion, shame, and even fear, just to name a few.
We believe that your story gives you a chance to share Jesus in a non-threatening, non-argumentative and nonjudgmental way.
You’re not going to be able to debate people into knowing and loving Jesus, but you can certainly share your stories about why you love Him.
How will you use the power of your story?
As Christians, we exist to help others and to accept help from others. Our goal should never be to keep people at arms length in the effort to better project a false image of who we truly are.
Jesus modeled shared life and ministry. He is the ultimate brother, fiercely loyal. He intended for us to be the same.
We want to make it possible for you to connect with people on this level, as brother and sister, fiercely loyal and completely authentic.
In order to do this, you need a safe place where you can truly be yourself. Once you are authentically yourself, you can connect with those who will know you best (flaws and all) and defend you to death. Just like Jesus.
A place where you matter. A movement where your story will be used for great and God-glorifying things.
Only $1.99 a month.**
First Month Free – Cancel Any Time
**We charge a small membership fee because we have a “no ad” policy. We still need to pay salaries and for things like website and app development. We appreciate your support through your membership.
Your story is not a one-time-and-done deal. Your story is not a perfectly wrapped up package in chronological order. Your story is made up of many smaller stories that change and evolve as time goes on. And each part of each story is essential to the overall picture.
Capturing those stories can be a powerful reminder to you about God’s never-ending faithfulness in your life.
Sharing those stories can encourage others who need to know when, where and how God can meet them in their own stories.
AUTHENTIK.city is about living those stories out together—supporting each other through thick and thin, battling alongside each other until the war is over.
AUTHENTIK.city is NOT for you if…
- You’re looking for an audience.
- You’re not willing to invest time into the community.
- You’re not willing to share any part of your story. (You don’t have to share ALL of it, but you do need to open up about SOME of it.)
- You’re looking to judge others or change them.
- You’re only looking to pick a fight. (Go troll on Facebook.)
- You’re looking for a Christian Facebook. (While AUTHENTIK.city will possess some of the best aspects of Facebook (i.e. keeping up with people you love), it is not intended to be a Christian club. As we grow, we will be bringing in people who have messy stories and doubts and even people who don’t believe in Jesus. We need you to know that ahead of time. If you join, we expect you to be loving, vulnerable, welcoming and nonjudgmental or pushy to these people as well.)
- You’re trying to promote your business or your agenda, please save that for those other sites. This is a place to get to know you.
AUTHENTIK.city is for you if ANY of these apply to you…
- You want to preserve your story of God in your life for others or for future generations.
- You’re tired of the rat race for likes, comments and social affirmation. You’d like a place to rest, capture your stories and connect with others.
- You are looking for deeper connections and people to walk through life with you in meaningful ways.
- You need someone to help you through your story because they’ve been there.
- You want to be a part of seeing your story used to help people know Jesus more.
- You are trying to understand why you have been given your story.
- You’re ready to open up and be a bit more vulnerable in sharing your stories. (We will not ask you to share EVERYTHING. Some things, we think you should save for face-to-face communications. But we do ask you to be more authentic and open about some of your stories.)
I appreciate AUTHENTIK.city, because I don’t feel that unspoken pressure to have everything together in my posts. I can truly be authentic and not fear judgement from anyone.Sarah Holmes
© COPYRIGHT 2017